Sunday 10 March 2013



Our Medical Officer, Dr. Vivien Suttorp, submitted an article for publication in the Lethbridge Herald last week. It was angering. Apparently, everyone who opposes poisoning the water supply is a misinformed lobbyist. Is anyone else comfortable with how effortless it is for our medical authorities to lie to us and ignore their responsibilities?

We are all losing our health and it doesn't even seem like they are losing sleep. Come on people, let’s be angry about this. If somebody snuck into your home and slipped poison into your kid’s apple juice, wouldn't you be outraged? Wouldn't you seek justice? How is this any different? This is not the time to be silent.

I sent this letter to the editor at the Herald. I don’t know if it will be published so I am posting it here. I will also post the letter my friend sent in. If any of you would like to be represented here as well, then please speak up. I want everyone’s voice to be heard.

To the editor-
                                   
“It is an indisputable fact that too much fluoride can cause bodily harm or death. Why hasn't this limit been defined by our Medical Officer, Dr. Vivien Suttorp? She reassures us that our health is being monitored, but she can’t possibly know how much fluoride we are being exposed to. There is fluoride in the toothpaste. There is fluoride in the mouthwash. It’s at the dentist and in prescription drugs. It’s in processed foods and even in fresh vegetables. Why do we need it forced into our drinking and bathing water as well?
Every person has a different body, with different sensitivities and needs. What if I drink more water than most people or have to shower more often? I don’t think our Health Officer has ever stopped to consider both sides, and yet she accuses those who do of being misinformed.
 The truth is, I have considered the information and I don’t want fluoride in my family’s drinking water. Unfortunately, I can’t make the best decision for my own wellness, like she suggests, because no one is giving me a choice.”
Martin VanPopta


No comments:

Post a Comment